AP: Four fake policemen held for duping two person
Hyderabad: Four persons, including a local reporter, were arrested for allegedly posing as policemen and conning two persons under the pretext of settling a dispute, police said Tuesday.
Sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force (North Zone) apprehended Selva Ganapathi, Teli Vishal, who runs a cyber cafe, N S Kiran Kumar who is working with a local magazine and M Chiranjeevi from Rezimental Bazaar for allegedly cheating kirana shop owner K N V Kiran Kumar, they said.
Police seized two laptops, four cell phones and fake ID cards from the possession of the accused.
According to police, Ganapathi had promised Kumar that he would settle his business-related dispute with one Shaik Hasheem Basha and collected Rs 6,000 and two laptops from him.
Ganapathi and his three associates also extorted Rs 5000 from Basha under the similar promise, they said.
As the matter was not settled, Kiran Kumar asked them to return the laptops and approached police as the accused did not return the gadgets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report