AP: Four fake policemen held for duping two person
Hyderabad: Four persons, including a local reporter, were arrested for allegedly posing as policemen and conning two persons under the pretext of settling a dispute, police said Tuesday.
Sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force (North Zone) apprehended Selva Ganapathi, Teli Vishal, who runs a cyber cafe, N S Kiran Kumar who is working with a local magazine and M Chiranjeevi from Rezimental Bazaar for allegedly cheating kirana shop owner K N V Kiran Kumar, they said.
Police seized two laptops, four cell phones and fake ID cards from the possession of the accused.
According to police, Ganapathi had promised Kumar that he would settle his business-related dispute with one Shaik Hasheem Basha and collected Rs 6,000 and two laptops from him.
Ganapathi and his three associates also extorted Rs 5000 from Basha under the similar promise, they said.
As the matter was not settled, Kiran Kumar asked them to return the laptops and approached police as the accused did not return the gadgets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan