AP: Four fake policemen held for duping two person
Hyderabad: Four persons, including a local reporter, were arrested for allegedly posing as policemen and conning two persons under the pretext of settling a dispute, police said Tuesday.
Sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force (North Zone) apprehended Selva Ganapathi, Teli Vishal, who runs a cyber cafe, N S Kiran Kumar who is working with a local magazine and M Chiranjeevi from Rezimental Bazaar for allegedly cheating kirana shop owner K N V Kiran Kumar, they said.
Police seized two laptops, four cell phones and fake ID cards from the possession of the accused.
According to police, Ganapathi had promised Kumar that he would settle his business-related dispute with one Shaik Hasheem Basha and collected Rs 6,000 and two laptops from him.
Ganapathi and his three associates also extorted Rs 5000 from Basha under the similar promise, they said.
As the matter was not settled, Kiran Kumar asked them to return the laptops and approached police as the accused did not return the gadgets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery