AP: Four fake policemen held for duping two person
Hyderabad: Four persons, including a local reporter, were arrested for allegedly posing as policemen and conning two persons under the pretext of settling a dispute, police said Tuesday.
Sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force (North Zone) apprehended Selva Ganapathi, Teli Vishal, who runs a cyber cafe, N S Kiran Kumar who is working with a local magazine and M Chiranjeevi from Rezimental Bazaar for allegedly cheating kirana shop owner K N V Kiran Kumar, they said.
Police seized two laptops, four cell phones and fake ID cards from the possession of the accused.
According to police, Ganapathi had promised Kumar that he would settle his business-related dispute with one Shaik Hasheem Basha and collected Rs 6,000 and two laptops from him.
Ganapathi and his three associates also extorted Rs 5000 from Basha under the similar promise, they said.
As the matter was not settled, Kiran Kumar asked them to return the laptops and approached police as the accused did not return the gadgets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug