AP: Four govt officials under ACB net for receivin
Hyderabad: ACB sleuths trapped four government officials including an Assistant Director of Agriculture department, from four districts of Andhra Pradesh on charges of taking bribes.
Kaja Mohimuddin, Assistant Director Agriculture in Bhanswada mandal of Nizamabad district was held when he demanded and accepted bribe of Rs 5,000 from the complainant for renewal of licence of his fertiliser shop, according to a ACB release here on Thursday.
In another case, a village Revenue Officer of Narayanpur in Gangadhara mandal of Karimnagar district T Narayana was caught red-handed by ACB officials while he allegedly took a bribe amount of Rs 9,000 from the complainant for issuing a pattadar passbook.
In yet another case, a sanitary inspector, Seetha Ram at Akkaiah Palem in Visakhapatnam was trapped when he took Rs 5,000 as bribe to enhance the licence fee and not to book cases against a fast-food centre.
Similarly in Kurnool district a Revenue Inspector Vishnu Prasad in Bethamcharla mandal was caught red-handed by ACB officials when he took bribe of Rs 10,000 from the complainant at his office to deliver the pattadar pass books to the complainant, the release said.
All four cases are under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test