AP: Four govt officials under ACB net for receivin
Hyderabad: ACB sleuths trapped four government officials including an Assistant Director of Agriculture department, from four districts of Andhra Pradesh on charges of taking bribes.
Kaja Mohimuddin, Assistant Director Agriculture in Bhanswada mandal of Nizamabad district was held when he demanded and accepted bribe of Rs 5,000 from the complainant for renewal of licence of his fertiliser shop, according to a ACB release here on Thursday.
In another case, a village Revenue Officer of Narayanpur in Gangadhara mandal of Karimnagar district T Narayana was caught red-handed by ACB officials while he allegedly took a bribe amount of Rs 9,000 from the complainant for issuing a pattadar passbook.
In yet another case, a sanitary inspector, Seetha Ram at Akkaiah Palem in Visakhapatnam was trapped when he took Rs 5,000 as bribe to enhance the licence fee and not to book cases against a fast-food centre.
Similarly in Kurnool district a Revenue Inspector Vishnu Prasad in Bethamcharla mandal was caught red-handed by ACB officials when he took bribe of Rs 10,000 from the complainant at his office to deliver the pattadar pass books to the complainant, the release said.
All four cases are under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings