AP gives 1L new LPG connections to BPL families
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday
sanctioned additional one lakh liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)
connections to families living below the poverty line (BPL)
under the Deepam scheme.
The government had in August last sanctioned three lakh
LPG connections to BPL families and thus has given four lakh
connections during the current financial year under the
Deepam scheme, officials said.
According to an order issued by Civil Supplies
Commissioner Harpreet Singh today, 21 districts in the state
have been allotted 3,000 connections each, Medak district got
7,000 and West Godavari 5,000 connections.
Of the one lakh new connections, 25,000 have been kept as
reserved for distribution in future based on demand.
The state government has allotted 37.36 lakh LPG
connections under Deepam scheme to the (BPL) beneficiaries
Under the scheme, the state government pays deposit for
cylinder and regulator to the Oil Marketing Companies while
the beneficiaries have to bear the refill price.
There are about 200 lakh families in the state of which
147 lakh (both general and Deepam beneficiaries) now have LPG
The state government had requested the union government
to allot 24 lakh LPG connections (eight lakh per year) to the
BPL families in the state over the next three years but the
Oil Marketing Companies agreed to make arrangements for
release of only one lakh more LPG connections during the year
2011-12, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Foreign investors bullish on equity, cautious on debt: DBS
- Shocking! Death-defying train stunt performed by youngsters in Mumbai - Watch video
- Shooter Heena Sidhu misses out on final berth
- Bangladesh bowling coach: BCB may have expressed interest looking at my credentials, says Venkatesh Prasad
- Congress vs Amitabh Bachchan: Abhishek Bachchan supports father, says Big B not hosting any political event