AP Government failed to take care of Uttarakhand victims: TDP
Vijayawada: Main Opposition TDP on Thursday accused the Congress Government of failing to take adequate care of pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh who were stranded in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
TDP President Chandrababu Naidu said Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy did not visit the hill state when the `Chardham` pilgrims from the State were facing hardships in the wake of flash floods and landslides.
Reddy also failed to give timely instructions to his officials to take steps for evacuation of the pilgrims from the flood-hit areas, the Leader of Opposition said, addressing a gathering of TDP workers at Edupugallu village near here.
While the TDP leaders were involved in relief and rehabilitation of flood victims, the State Government had not bothered to provide even basic amenities to the pilgrims who were brought to Andhra Bhavan in New Delhi, Naidu said.
TDP spent its own money to facilitate transfer of the pilgrims to the State. Instead of appreciating the services rendered by the main Opposition party, Congress leaders have politicised the entire issue, the former Chief Minister said.
Many flood victims need medical and financial support to recover from the post-disaster trauma, he maintained.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory