AP government gives priority to coastal security, says DGP
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) V Dinesh Reddy said that the Andhra Pradesh government gives utmost priority to coastal security to meet any security challenge through the sea route.
Talking to the media after inaugurating a coastal security police station at the fishing harbour here today, he said that coastal security was very essential to protect on-shore oil installations.
He said that there is a possible threat to oil installations from ISI-sponsored terrorism.
He said that the police had already recruited 300 fishermen as home guards.
Out of 21 coastal security police stations in the state, permanent buddings have been constructed for six stations, while the Central Public Works Department would construct buildings for the remaining 15 stations, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!