AP government gives priority to coastal security, says DGP
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) V Dinesh Reddy said that the Andhra Pradesh government gives utmost priority to coastal security to meet any security challenge through the sea route.
Talking to the media after inaugurating a coastal security police station at the fishing harbour here today, he said that coastal security was very essential to protect on-shore oil installations.
He said that there is a possible threat to oil installations from ISI-sponsored terrorism.
He said that the police had already recruited 300 fishermen as home guards.
Out of 21 coastal security police stations in the state, permanent buddings have been constructed for six stations, while the Central Public Works Department would construct buildings for the remaining 15 stations, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works