AP government neglecting agriculture: Venkaiah
Sangareddy: Alleging that the Congress
government in Andhra Pradesh has neglected agriculture, BJP
leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Wedesday demanded that the drought-hit
farmers in the state be given substantial financial
Naidu, who toured drought-hit areas of Medak district,
claimed that the government was in a deep slumber though a
number of peasants have committed suicide.
Maintaining that declaring drought in some mandals is not
enough, he demanded that the state government give a financial
assistance of Rs 10,000 to farmers, reschedule their loans,
supply seeds free of cost and also supply quality free power.
"The government should implement the recommendations of MS Swaminathan commission for the benefit the agriculture,"
The BJP would raise the problems of Andhra Pradesh
farmers in the Parliament, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?