AP government shuts down 42 sex determination centres
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government has shut down 42 sex determination centres recently to check the declining child sex ratio in the state, Andhra Pradesh Health and Family Welfare Minister D L Ravindra Reddy told reporters here on Monday.
Government officials conducted 173 decoy operations, 6,560 inspections, 226 search and seizures so far, to implement the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostics (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act, he said.
Stressing that the state government is committed to implement the PC & PNDT Act in a foolproof manner, he said any complaints about violations could be made on toll free number `104`.
The child sex ratio in the six-year-old category has worsened from 961 in the 2001 census to 943 in the 2011 census, he said.
In Warangal, the ratio is alarming, as it deteriorated from 955 in the 2001 census to 912 in the 2011 census, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan