AP government shuts down 42 sex determination centres
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government has shut down 42 sex determination centres recently to check the declining child sex ratio in the state, Andhra Pradesh Health and Family Welfare Minister D L Ravindra Reddy told reporters here on Monday.
Government officials conducted 173 decoy operations, 6,560 inspections, 226 search and seizures so far, to implement the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostics (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act, he said.
Stressing that the state government is committed to implement the PC & PNDT Act in a foolproof manner, he said any complaints about violations could be made on toll free number `104`.
The child sex ratio in the six-year-old category has worsened from 961 in the 2001 census to 943 in the 2011 census, he said.
In Warangal, the ratio is alarming, as it deteriorated from 955 in the 2001 census to 912 in the 2011 census, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan tightening noose around JuD fundraising?
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi's remarks irk Opposition which forces brief adjournment in Rajya Sabha
- Zee Entertainment launches Zee.One in Germany
- No talks about starring with Kangana in Ritesh's next: Irrfan Khan