AP government shuts down 42 sex determination centres
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government has shut down 42 sex determination centres recently to check the declining child sex ratio in the state, Andhra Pradesh Health and Family Welfare Minister D L Ravindra Reddy told reporters here on Monday.
Government officials conducted 173 decoy operations, 6,560 inspections, 226 search and seizures so far, to implement the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostics (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act, he said.
Stressing that the state government is committed to implement the PC & PNDT Act in a foolproof manner, he said any complaints about violations could be made on toll free number `104`.
The child sex ratio in the six-year-old category has worsened from 961 in the 2001 census to 943 in the 2011 census, he said.
In Warangal, the ratio is alarming, as it deteriorated from 955 in the 2001 census to 912 in the 2011 census, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof