AP government shuts down 42 sex determination centres
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government has shut down 42 sex determination centres recently to check the declining child sex ratio in the state, Andhra Pradesh Health and Family Welfare Minister D L Ravindra Reddy told reporters here on Monday.
Government officials conducted 173 decoy operations, 6,560 inspections, 226 search and seizures so far, to implement the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostics (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act, he said.
Stressing that the state government is committed to implement the PC & PNDT Act in a foolproof manner, he said any complaints about violations could be made on toll free number `104`.
The child sex ratio in the six-year-old category has worsened from 961 in the 2001 census to 943 in the 2011 census, he said.
In Warangal, the ratio is alarming, as it deteriorated from 955 in the 2001 census to 912 in the 2011 census, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?