AP Governor meets President and host of leaders
New Delhi: With the Centre actively pursuing bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, state Governor ESL Narasimhan on Wednesday met President and an array of leaders here.
The Governor held discussions with President Pranab Mukherjee, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and AICC president Sonia Gandhi.
"There were very general discussions. It was just a courtesy call," Narasimhan told reporters after meeting the Home Minister.
The Governor evaded questions on Telangana and the status of Hyderabad. "There were no discussions," he said. He also refused to reply to a specific query on the law and order situation in Andhra Pradesh.
Narasimhan also met AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh, who is also the party in-charge of Andhra Pradesh affairs.
When sought for his comments, Digvijay Singh said "I am grateful to his excellency Andhra Pradesh Governor that he met me" but did not elaborate on what was discussed between them.
Narasimhan arrived in Delhi yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog