AP Governor meets President and host of leaders
New Delhi: With the Centre actively pursuing bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, state Governor ESL Narasimhan on Wednesday met President and an array of leaders here.
The Governor held discussions with President Pranab Mukherjee, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and AICC president Sonia Gandhi.
"There were very general discussions. It was just a courtesy call," Narasimhan told reporters after meeting the Home Minister.
The Governor evaded questions on Telangana and the status of Hyderabad. "There were no discussions," he said. He also refused to reply to a specific query on the law and order situation in Andhra Pradesh.
Narasimhan also met AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh, who is also the party in-charge of Andhra Pradesh affairs.
When sought for his comments, Digvijay Singh said "I am grateful to his excellency Andhra Pradesh Governor that he met me" but did not elaborate on what was discussed between them.
Narasimhan arrived in Delhi yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?