AP Governor meets President and host of leaders
New Delhi: With the Centre actively pursuing bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, state Governor ESL Narasimhan on Wednesday met President and an array of leaders here.
The Governor held discussions with President Pranab Mukherjee, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and AICC president Sonia Gandhi.
"There were very general discussions. It was just a courtesy call," Narasimhan told reporters after meeting the Home Minister.
The Governor evaded questions on Telangana and the status of Hyderabad. "There were no discussions," he said. He also refused to reply to a specific query on the law and order situation in Andhra Pradesh.
Narasimhan also met AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh, who is also the party in-charge of Andhra Pradesh affairs.
When sought for his comments, Digvijay Singh said "I am grateful to his excellency Andhra Pradesh Governor that he met me" but did not elaborate on what was discussed between them.
Narasimhan arrived in Delhi yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad