AP Governor meets President and host of leaders
New Delhi: With the Centre actively pursuing bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, state Governor ESL Narasimhan on Wednesday met President and an array of leaders here.
The Governor held discussions with President Pranab Mukherjee, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and AICC president Sonia Gandhi.
"There were very general discussions. It was just a courtesy call," Narasimhan told reporters after meeting the Home Minister.
The Governor evaded questions on Telangana and the status of Hyderabad. "There were no discussions," he said. He also refused to reply to a specific query on the law and order situation in Andhra Pradesh.
Narasimhan also met AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh, who is also the party in-charge of Andhra Pradesh affairs.
When sought for his comments, Digvijay Singh said "I am grateful to his excellency Andhra Pradesh Governor that he met me" but did not elaborate on what was discussed between them.
Narasimhan arrived in Delhi yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?