AP govt assures to look into JAC demands; appeals to end stir
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
said Tuesday it is ready to discuss all issues, including
anomalies in pay-scale, with its employees, even as the Joint
Action Committee (JAC) of public servants and teachers
launched a state-wide agitation for their demands.
Work in government offices across the state, including
the Secretariat, remained paralysed as the employees proceeded
on a mass casual leave.
The main demands of JAC include filling all vacancies in
the government departments and rectifying anomalies in the
State Revenue Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao told
reporters in the Secretariat this morning that there was no
truth in the claim that the government remained "indifferent"
to the employees` concerns.
Police detained many JAC activists in all districts
of the state, when they were proceeding to the state capital
as part of a `Chalo Hyderabad` call given by the committee
The JAC, however, went ahead with its agitation and
staged a massive `dharna` near Indira Park here. JAC Chairman
Gopal Reddy and vice-president Swami Goud led the agitation.
The Cabinet sub-committee headed by the Revenue Minister
to rectify anomalies in pay scales has failed to resolve
problems, JAC leaders alleged.
They decried detention of the employees coming to
Hyderabad and alleged that the government was not sincere in
resolving the issue.
The Revenue Minister, however, denied the JAC allegation
and said the government was ready for talks with employees.
"The JAC claim that several lakh government posts are
lying vacant is not true as the number of vacancies in
different departments is only 56,000. These vacancies will be
filled in due course," the Minister said.
Minister Dharmana said the Cabinet sub-committee is
looking into the other demands raised by the JAC.
"The sub-committee met several times to look into the
issues raised by the employees. We have conceded to most of
their demands. We are looking into the other demands and ready
for further talks to resolve the issue," the minister said as
he appealed to the employees to call off their agitation.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu
condemned the arrest of government employees. "This is an
undemocratic act. The government has no right to prevent
employees from taking part in an agitation in a peaceful
manner," he said in a statement.
Naidu said the government employees were facing heavy
burden because of the increased workload. "The government has
not taken up proper recruitment drive in the last six years
though thousands of posts were falling vacant. It should
publicise details of vacancies in each department," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in