AP govt decides to ban gutkha
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday decided to impose ban on sale of gutkha, pan masala and other such tobacco products in the state.
State Commissioner of Food Safety had requested the government to permit him to impose ban on gutkha, pan masala and other chewable products, a Government Order (GO) issued today said.
The government, after examination of the request, permitted the Commissioner of Food Safety today to prohibit the manufacture, storage, sale and distribution of gutkha and pan masala containing tobacco or nicotine as ingredients, in the interest of public health.
Civil society activists and others had earlier requested the government to ban the sale of gutkha and pan masala in the state in public interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II