AP Govt decides to withdraw cases against KCR; TRS rebuffs
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government on Sunday
decided to withdraw the cases filed against TRS chief K
Chandrasekhar Rao, who is on a fast-unto-death to press for
Telanagana state, in a bid to pacify him but his party
rejected the move as a "conspiracy" to drive a wedge between
him and his supporters.
"We have decided to withdraw the cases filed against him
since he was taken into preventive custody on November 29 as a
goodwill gesture. We request him to call off his fast and help
restore peace in the state", Chief Minister K Rosaiah told
reporters after an "informal" meeting of the state cabinet.
In an effort to assuage the feeling of government
employees from Telangana region, the state government would
pass a resolution in the state assembly reaffirming that
Hyderabad is not a "free zone" for police recruitment, he
The government employees from Telangana and TRS
activists were agitated over a Supreme Court judgement that
declared Hyderabad as a free zone for police recruitment.
The state government has already filed a review petition
in the apex court against the judgement.
Though the resolution is not required as the matter is
pending before the Supreme Court, the decision to pass the
resolution is aimed at addressing the sentiments of government
employees and people in Telangana at large who felt "hurt" by
the judgement, Rosaiah said.
TRS, however, alleged the decisions of the state
government "are a conspiracy to drive a wedge between the
party and its supporters."
"The first conspiracy is that they will withdraw cases
against Chandrasekhar Rao but not against the supporters. The
second conspiracy is that they will pass a resolution to
pacify the government employees. This is aimed at separating
the employees and Telangana movement," TRS legislator and
Rao’s nephew T Harish Rao claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug