AP govt orders probe in bus fire tragedy
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government on Friday night ordered a probe by the Crime Investigation Department into the ghastly bus mishap in Mahbubnagar district in which 45 passengers were charred to death two days ago.
A committee of senior IAS officers has also been set up to investigate the cause of the Volvo bus accident and suggest measures to prevent such tragedies in future.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy reviewed the accident with Transport Minister Botsa Satyanarayana and top officials here this evening.
The Transport Department has already instituted an inquiry by Joint Transport Commissioner S A V Prasada Rao, who is expected to submit his report in a day or two, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured