AP govt orders probe in bus fire tragedy
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government on Friday night ordered a probe by the Crime Investigation Department into the ghastly bus mishap in Mahbubnagar district in which 45 passengers were charred to death two days ago.
A committee of senior IAS officers has also been set up to investigate the cause of the Volvo bus accident and suggest measures to prevent such tragedies in future.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy reviewed the accident with Transport Minister Botsa Satyanarayana and top officials here this evening.
The Transport Department has already instituted an inquiry by Joint Transport Commissioner S A V Prasada Rao, who is expected to submit his report in a day or two, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city