AP Govt pays Rs 2,883-cr scholarships, fee to poor students
Rajahmundry: In Andhra Pradesh 25 lakh
students of poor and weaker sections are being provided Rs
2,883-crore scholarships and fees reimbursement, the State
Social Welfare Minister Pilli Subhash Chandra Bose said on Sunday.
He inaugurated the multipurpose integrated hostel
building, constructed in Rajahmundry built at a cost of Rs
1.68-crore. The Minister said that the State Government had
proposed the integrated hostel concept to avoid differences on
caste, religion and region basis among students.
It was proposed to construct 120 integrated hostels in
the state, each at a cost of Rs 1.68-crore and so far, 77 were
completed and 44 more hostels were in different stages of
construction, he said.
The Minster said that education among weaker sections
would bring social development and with this aim the State had
initiated many measures that no poor student should deny
education due to the economic condition. He said that exam
results in welfare hostels were more than the state average
and 1,600 SC students, who got more than 500 marks in 10th
class, joined corporate colleges last year.
He said that three social welfare residential schools
at Razole, Allavaram and Kakinada in East Godavari district
would be constructed at a cost of Rs 10-crore each this year
and additional accommodation would also be provided with Rs
80-lakh in Rajahmundry school.
Provision of solar lights and other amenities were
also under consideration, he added.
Routhu Surya Prakasa Rao, MLA Rajahmundry, who
presided over the function, said that this was an opportunity
to poor students to go for further studies, where the
integrated approach would help them to learn unity.
S Siva Rama Subrahmanyam, Chairman APIIC said that
integrated hostels were providing corporate-level of quality
education and facilities
A Veeraraghavamma, Mayor of Rajahmundry, requested the
Minister to provide compound wall to the hostel building.
Rajahmundry Rural MLA Chandana Ramesh said that
facilities in the integrated hostels were good and requested
the students to keep the premises clean.
MLC Kandula Durgesh said that provision of better
facilities in hostels would give good results.
27th ward corporator B Krishna Veni, Joint Director of
Social Welfare A Nageswara Rao, RDO Ch Vinay Mohan were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon