AP Govt pays Rs 2,883-cr scholarships, fee to poor students
Rajahmundry: In Andhra Pradesh 25 lakh
students of poor and weaker sections are being provided Rs
2,883-crore scholarships and fees reimbursement, the State
Social Welfare Minister Pilli Subhash Chandra Bose said on Sunday.
He inaugurated the multipurpose integrated hostel
building, constructed in Rajahmundry built at a cost of Rs
1.68-crore. The Minister said that the State Government had
proposed the integrated hostel concept to avoid differences on
caste, religion and region basis among students.
It was proposed to construct 120 integrated hostels in
the state, each at a cost of Rs 1.68-crore and so far, 77 were
completed and 44 more hostels were in different stages of
construction, he said.
The Minster said that education among weaker sections
would bring social development and with this aim the State had
initiated many measures that no poor student should deny
education due to the economic condition. He said that exam
results in welfare hostels were more than the state average
and 1,600 SC students, who got more than 500 marks in 10th
class, joined corporate colleges last year.
He said that three social welfare residential schools
at Razole, Allavaram and Kakinada in East Godavari district
would be constructed at a cost of Rs 10-crore each this year
and additional accommodation would also be provided with Rs
80-lakh in Rajahmundry school.
Provision of solar lights and other amenities were
also under consideration, he added.
Routhu Surya Prakasa Rao, MLA Rajahmundry, who
presided over the function, said that this was an opportunity
to poor students to go for further studies, where the
integrated approach would help them to learn unity.
S Siva Rama Subrahmanyam, Chairman APIIC said that
integrated hostels were providing corporate-level of quality
education and facilities
A Veeraraghavamma, Mayor of Rajahmundry, requested the
Minister to provide compound wall to the hostel building.
Rajahmundry Rural MLA Chandana Ramesh said that
facilities in the integrated hostels were good and requested
the students to keep the premises clean.
MLC Kandula Durgesh said that provision of better
facilities in hostels would give good results.
27th ward corporator B Krishna Veni, Joint Director of
Social Welfare A Nageswara Rao, RDO Ch Vinay Mohan were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers