AP govt promotes 8 IPS officers to ADGP rank
Hyderabad: Seeking to end months of acrimony between top IAS and IPS ranks in Andhra Pradesh, the state government on Friday promoted eight IPS officers of the 1987 batch to the rank of Additional Director General of Police from the rank of Inspector General of Police.
While four of the eight officers have been given new postings, the rest were retained in the same posts with an elevation.
These eight IPS officers were empanelled for promotion to the ADGP rank on April 3 this year but the government did not immediately elevate them citing "lack of vacancies" even as their IAS counterparts of the 1987 batch were promoted to the rank of Principal Secretary.
This caused bad blood between the IAS and the IPS fraternity in AP.
There are only 12 cadre posts of the ADGP in AP as sanctioned by the Government of India. Prior to the elevation of 1987 batch, there were 23 IPS officers of the ADGP rank in the state and now the number shoots up to 31.
Four ADGP-rank officers are currently on deputation in New Delhi and other states, requiring the government to create at least 15 ex-cadre posts in the state, highly-placed police sources said.
Following his promotion today, Vinoy Kumar Singh, currently Inspector General of Police AP Special Police Battalions, has been posted as ADGP (Coordination). M Gopikrishna has been transferred out from AP Police Academy as posted as ADGP (Home Guards), A R Anuradha has been posted as ADGP (Personnel) in the existing vacancy and Satyanarain has been transferred from Anti-Corruption Bureau and posted as ADGP (Road Safety).
Tushar Aditya Tripathi (Organisation), Batti Lal Meena (Vigilance and Enforcement), N V Surendra Babu (Organisation for Counter-Terror Operations, Octopus) and Santosh Mehra (Welfare) have been retained in the same posts with an elevation to the ADGP rank, an order issued by state Chief Secretary Pankaj Dwivedi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know