AP govt promotes 8 IPS officers to ADGP rank
Hyderabad: Seeking to end months of acrimony between top IAS and IPS ranks in Andhra Pradesh, the state government on Friday promoted eight IPS officers of the 1987 batch to the rank of Additional Director General of Police from the rank of Inspector General of Police.
While four of the eight officers have been given new postings, the rest were retained in the same posts with an elevation.
These eight IPS officers were empanelled for promotion to the ADGP rank on April 3 this year but the government did not immediately elevate them citing "lack of vacancies" even as their IAS counterparts of the 1987 batch were promoted to the rank of Principal Secretary.
This caused bad blood between the IAS and the IPS fraternity in AP.
There are only 12 cadre posts of the ADGP in AP as sanctioned by the Government of India. Prior to the elevation of 1987 batch, there were 23 IPS officers of the ADGP rank in the state and now the number shoots up to 31.
Four ADGP-rank officers are currently on deputation in New Delhi and other states, requiring the government to create at least 15 ex-cadre posts in the state, highly-placed police sources said.
Following his promotion today, Vinoy Kumar Singh, currently Inspector General of Police AP Special Police Battalions, has been posted as ADGP (Coordination). M Gopikrishna has been transferred out from AP Police Academy as posted as ADGP (Home Guards), A R Anuradha has been posted as ADGP (Personnel) in the existing vacancy and Satyanarain has been transferred from Anti-Corruption Bureau and posted as ADGP (Road Safety).
Tushar Aditya Tripathi (Organisation), Batti Lal Meena (Vigilance and Enforcement), N V Surendra Babu (Organisation for Counter-Terror Operations, Octopus) and Santosh Mehra (Welfare) have been retained in the same posts with an elevation to the ADGP rank, an order issued by state Chief Secretary Pankaj Dwivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof