AP govt to crack down on illegal sand quarrying
Hyderabad: Government of Andhra Pradesh has decided to crack down on illegal quarrying of sand and issued instructions to district collectors to take steps to curb the menace.
Collectors have been asked to review sand quarrying activities in their respective districts along with SP, AD (M&G), AD (GWD) and other senior officials immediately, Industries and Commerce Secretary J S V Prasad said.
Taking serious note of such illegal activities in parts of the state, collectors have also been asked to constitute special squads with officials of Revenue, Panchayat Raj, Transport and Mines & Geology departments, among others, to curb them.
Prasad said they have also been told to take strong action against persons who indulge in illegal mining and publicise such efforts so that it becomes a deterrent.
"Collectors have been asked to encourage the public as well as the press to report any illegal quarrying," he added. The government is also contemplating to streamline sand quarrying process so that market requirements are met in a proper manner, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi