AP govt to crack down on illegal sand quarrying
Hyderabad: Government of Andhra Pradesh has decided to crack down on illegal quarrying of sand and issued instructions to district collectors to take steps to curb the menace.
Collectors have been asked to review sand quarrying activities in their respective districts along with SP, AD (M&G), AD (GWD) and other senior officials immediately, Industries and Commerce Secretary J S V Prasad said.
Taking serious note of such illegal activities in parts of the state, collectors have also been asked to constitute special squads with officials of Revenue, Panchayat Raj, Transport and Mines & Geology departments, among others, to curb them.
Prasad said they have also been told to take strong action against persons who indulge in illegal mining and publicise such efforts so that it becomes a deterrent.
"Collectors have been asked to encourage the public as well as the press to report any illegal quarrying," he added. The government is also contemplating to streamline sand quarrying process so that market requirements are met in a proper manner, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'