AP govt to crack down on illegal sand quarrying
Hyderabad: Government of Andhra Pradesh has decided to crack down on illegal quarrying of sand and issued instructions to district collectors to take steps to curb the menace.
Collectors have been asked to review sand quarrying activities in their respective districts along with SP, AD (M&G), AD (GWD) and other senior officials immediately, Industries and Commerce Secretary J S V Prasad said.
Taking serious note of such illegal activities in parts of the state, collectors have also been asked to constitute special squads with officials of Revenue, Panchayat Raj, Transport and Mines & Geology departments, among others, to curb them.
Prasad said they have also been told to take strong action against persons who indulge in illegal mining and publicise such efforts so that it becomes a deterrent.
"Collectors have been asked to encourage the public as well as the press to report any illegal quarrying," he added. The government is also contemplating to streamline sand quarrying process so that market requirements are met in a proper manner, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly