AP govt to crack down on illegal sand quarrying
Hyderabad: Government of Andhra Pradesh has decided to crack down on illegal quarrying of sand and issued instructions to district collectors to take steps to curb the menace.
Collectors have been asked to review sand quarrying activities in their respective districts along with SP, AD (M&G), AD (GWD) and other senior officials immediately, Industries and Commerce Secretary J S V Prasad said.
Taking serious note of such illegal activities in parts of the state, collectors have also been asked to constitute special squads with officials of Revenue, Panchayat Raj, Transport and Mines & Geology departments, among others, to curb them.
Prasad said they have also been told to take strong action against persons who indulge in illegal mining and publicise such efforts so that it becomes a deterrent.
"Collectors have been asked to encourage the public as well as the press to report any illegal quarrying," he added. The government is also contemplating to streamline sand quarrying process so that market requirements are met in a proper manner, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?