AP govt to provide 3.6 lakh jobs this year: Reddy
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh government would provide 3.6 lakh jobs this year and six lakh jobs next year with the help of industry under its flagship `Rajiv Yuvakiranalu` employment scheme, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said on Tuesday.
Interacting with the youths enrolled under the `Rajiv Yuvakiranalu` on the first day of his `Indiramma Bata` (on the path shown by Indiramma) mass-contact programme in Krishna district, he said, so far two lakh jobs were provided under the employment programme.
18.5 lakh youth have registered themselves for jobs.
Under the scheme, the youth are imparted necessary training to find employment in the private sector.
He also said the government, in an unprecedented manner, filled 1.2 lakh vacancies for government jobs in a transparent process.
Reddy, who has completed the `Indiramma Bata` in six districts so far in the last few months, would tour various places in Krishna district and interact with various sections of the society for three days beginning today.
In an interaction with farmers at Vuyyuru, he said the government allocated Rs 2,500 crore for fa
Reddy said he has requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to synchronise NREGS for cultivation for farm labourers.
Rs 2,000 crore is being provided to licenced cultivators on zero-interest, he said.
In another interaction with students of veterinary science and farmers at Gannavaram in the district, he also said government and bankers aimed at disbursing Rs 2,000 crore to licenced farmers this year.
The government has also started `state milk mission` with Rs 6,000 crore.
The government has abolished Rs 468 crore drinking water dues and Rs 120 crore per annum for fisheries and market cess for eggs and other poultry products.
Several state ministers, MPs, MLAs and other leaders participated in the Chief Minister`s programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics