AP Govt to re-submit documents on Penganga project
Hyderabad: The Ministry of Environment and Forest has shown red flag to Andhra Pradesh government`s irrigation project on lower Penganga river in Adilabad district on the ground that the documents submitted to the ministry are incomplete.
The inter-state project between Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh is expected to create an irrigation potential of gross command area (GCA) of 29,757 hectares and culturable command area (CCA) of 19,233 hectares in Adilabad district of Andhra Pradesh.
An expert appraisal committee (EAC) under the MoEF said as the documents are incomplete, the same may be submitted at a later stage for consideration.
"The committee observed that the documents are incomplete; PFR is not available and the draft TORs proposed for an irrigation project was not available.”
"Therefore, the committee suggested that all requisite documents complete in manner incorporating above information may be submitted for further consideration of the project," the EAC said in its report.
When contacted, a senior official of the state irrigation department told a news agency that they are preparing necessary documents sought by the committee.
"Most likely we will approach the EAC with necessary documents by this weekend," the official said.
The MoEF granted environmental clearance to Lower Penganga Irrigation Project in Yavatmal District of Maharashtra in 2007 which has an irrigation potential of 1,40,818 ha in Maharashtra and 19,233 ha in Andhra Pradesh.
As the Andhra Pradesh government could not provide information on environmental issues pertaining to the state at that time, the proposal for irrigation in the state was not considered by the EAC.
"Now the project proponent (AP) made a separate proposal for Andhra Pradesh portion and has submitted to Ministry for scoping clearance.”
"The committee found the information provided by the consultant as too meagre and did not conform to the standards prescribed for ToR of an irrigation project," the EAC observed.
The pre- and post-project cropping pattern need enough elaboration and justification with appropriate measures for drainage, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?