AP govt to set up `Goshalas` in districts
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government has decided to set up `Goshalas` (shelters for cows) in all districts of the state with the help of NGOs.
Several major temples in the state already have `Goshalas` where cows donated by the devotees are maintained. Approximately 2,500 cows are being maintained by the major temples.
The government would now set up one to two `Goshalas` in each district with the help of NGOs.
The government would also try to establish a `Gosamrakshana Trust` (Trust for protection and maintenance of cows) in all major temples of the state.
These decisions were taken at a state-level meeting on `Gosamrakshana` (protection of cows) held here recently with state Endowments Minister C Ramachandraiah in the chair, official sources said.
It was also decided during the meeting to constitute a committee with senior officers to study the various `Goshalas` and infrastructure required for the establishment of the existing and new `Goshalas` and to conduct awareness campaigns with the help of NGOs, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read