AP govt to set up `Goshalas` in districts
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government has decided to set up `Goshalas` (shelters for cows) in all districts of the state with the help of NGOs.
Several major temples in the state already have `Goshalas` where cows donated by the devotees are maintained. Approximately 2,500 cows are being maintained by the major temples.
The government would now set up one to two `Goshalas` in each district with the help of NGOs.
The government would also try to establish a `Gosamrakshana Trust` (Trust for protection and maintenance of cows) in all major temples of the state.
These decisions were taken at a state-level meeting on `Gosamrakshana` (protection of cows) held here recently with state Endowments Minister C Ramachandraiah in the chair, official sources said.
It was also decided during the meeting to constitute a committee with senior officers to study the various `Goshalas` and infrastructure required for the establishment of the existing and new `Goshalas` and to conduct awareness campaigns with the help of NGOs, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview