AP govt to study Krishna verdict before charting its course
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
would study the verdict of the Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal
on the river water sharing and adopt the best course of action
after examining all the available options, State Revenue
Minister N Raghuveera Reddy said here on Friday.
The verdict given yesterday had some positive things
and also some negative aspects for the state. The government
is studying them and it will examine all the options available
and do the best in the interests of the state, he said.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy had said the
government would study the verdict and take a decision soon.
"The Tribunal`s verdict is partly beneficial and
partly detrimental to AP?s interest. We will study the verdict
and take a decision on the course of action," he said.
Expressing concern over the verdict, TDP President
N Chandrababu Naidu said it will adversely affect the farmers
of the state.
Speaking at the massive farmers` convention organised
by the party at Guntur last night, he said the state had lost
the rights on the surplus of Krishna river.
The permission given to Karnataka government to raise
the height of Almatti dam to 524 metres would impact the
projects downstream in the state.
Naidu said the TDP government had fought to keep the
dam height at 519 metres.
The state government has failed to present its case
effectively by appointing competent lawyers, Naidu alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know