AP govt to study Krishna verdict before charting its course
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
would study the verdict of the Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal
on the river water sharing and adopt the best course of action
after examining all the available options, State Revenue
Minister N Raghuveera Reddy said here on Friday.
The verdict given yesterday had some positive things
and also some negative aspects for the state. The government
is studying them and it will examine all the options available
and do the best in the interests of the state, he said.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy had said the
government would study the verdict and take a decision soon.
"The Tribunal`s verdict is partly beneficial and
partly detrimental to AP?s interest. We will study the verdict
and take a decision on the course of action," he said.
Expressing concern over the verdict, TDP President
N Chandrababu Naidu said it will adversely affect the farmers
of the state.
Speaking at the massive farmers` convention organised
by the party at Guntur last night, he said the state had lost
the rights on the surplus of Krishna river.
The permission given to Karnataka government to raise
the height of Almatti dam to 524 metres would impact the
projects downstream in the state.
Naidu said the TDP government had fought to keep the
dam height at 519 metres.
The state government has failed to present its case
effectively by appointing competent lawyers, Naidu alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- UN climate change report excludes Great Barrier reefs from in-danger list
- Lesser-known health benefits of pomegranate!
- Modi government has only indulged in rhetoric, marketing: Congress
- Islamic State has Euro 2016 in its sights, German spy chief says