AP govt transfers 11 IAS officers
Hyderabad: Ending days of uncertainty and seeking to put the administration back on track, the Andhra Pradesh government initiated the process of bureaucratic transfers shifting 11 Indian Administrative Service officers, including Collectors of four districts, in the first round today.
Three IAS officers, who are on wait, have been given new postings while three others transferred out from their current posts today have not been given any new postings in the reshuffle. Importantly, several key posts lying vacant for the past few months, affecting the administration, have been filled up now.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy cleared the file before leaving for New Delhi early this morning and accordingly Chief Secretary Pankaj Dwivedi issued an official order in the afternoon.
K Pradeep Chandra (1982 batch) has been posted as Principal Secretary, Industries and Commerce Department, in the existing vacancy.
Vijay Kumar (1988 batch), who has been waiting for posting, has been made Commissioner and Inspector General of Registration and Stamps in the existing vacancy.
Ajay Jain (1991) has been posted as Commissioner of Technical Education in the existing vacancy.
His batch-mate Rajat Kumar, who too has been waiting for a posting, has been made the new Commissioner of Tourism while incumbent Sabyasachi Ghosh has been transferred to the Industries Department as Secretary, Food Processing.
Sanjay Kumar of 1995 batch has been transferred as Commissioner of Transport in the existing vacancy. K Ramgopal of the same batch has been transferred as Commissioner of Panchayat Raj and Rural Employment in the existing vacancy.
Medak district Collector S Suresh Kumar (2000 batch) has been transferred and posted as Collector and District Magistrate, Guntur.
A Dinakar Babu of the same batch will take Suresh`s place in Medak V N Vishnu (1993), transferred out as Guntur district Collector, is yet to be given a fresh posting.
Saurabh Gaur (2002) has been elevated and posted as Collector and District Magistrate of Srikakulam, replacing G Venkata Ram Reddy, who has been facing criminal charges in (Kadapa MP) Jagan`s illegal assets case. Ram Reddy too did not get any new posting.
C Sudarshan Reddy (2002) too got an elevation as Collector and District Magistrate of Kurnool while the incumbent there, Rama Shankar Naik, is kept on wait for a fresh posting, as per the order issued by the Chief Secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown