AP govt transfers 11 IAS officers
Hyderabad: Ending days of uncertainty and seeking to put the administration back on track, the Andhra Pradesh government initiated the process of bureaucratic transfers shifting 11 Indian Administrative Service officers, including Collectors of four districts, in the first round today.
Three IAS officers, who are on wait, have been given new postings while three others transferred out from their current posts today have not been given any new postings in the reshuffle. Importantly, several key posts lying vacant for the past few months, affecting the administration, have been filled up now.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy cleared the file before leaving for New Delhi early this morning and accordingly Chief Secretary Pankaj Dwivedi issued an official order in the afternoon.
K Pradeep Chandra (1982 batch) has been posted as Principal Secretary, Industries and Commerce Department, in the existing vacancy.
Vijay Kumar (1988 batch), who has been waiting for posting, has been made Commissioner and Inspector General of Registration and Stamps in the existing vacancy.
Ajay Jain (1991) has been posted as Commissioner of Technical Education in the existing vacancy.
His batch-mate Rajat Kumar, who too has been waiting for a posting, has been made the new Commissioner of Tourism while incumbent Sabyasachi Ghosh has been transferred to the Industries Department as Secretary, Food Processing.
Sanjay Kumar of 1995 batch has been transferred as Commissioner of Transport in the existing vacancy. K Ramgopal of the same batch has been transferred as Commissioner of Panchayat Raj and Rural Employment in the existing vacancy.
Medak district Collector S Suresh Kumar (2000 batch) has been transferred and posted as Collector and District Magistrate, Guntur.
A Dinakar Babu of the same batch will take Suresh`s place in Medak V N Vishnu (1993), transferred out as Guntur district Collector, is yet to be given a fresh posting.
Saurabh Gaur (2002) has been elevated and posted as Collector and District Magistrate of Srikakulam, replacing G Venkata Ram Reddy, who has been facing criminal charges in (Kadapa MP) Jagan`s illegal assets case. Ram Reddy too did not get any new posting.
C Sudarshan Reddy (2002) too got an elevation as Collector and District Magistrate of Kurnool while the incumbent there, Rama Shankar Naik, is kept on wait for a fresh posting, as per the order issued by the Chief Secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers