AP Govt warns rioters after communal clashes
Hyderabad: In the backdrop of clashes in
the old areas of the city, Andhra Pradesh Government on Monday
said it would act tough against perpetrators of communal
violence and warned such elements of "serious consequences."
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, who held a high-
level review meeting with Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy,
Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy and other top
officials on the situation in some pockets of Old City here,
told newspersons in the evening that the Government was taking
all steps to prevent communal violence in the state.
"We strongly condemn communal violence, be it in
Hyderabad or other parts of the state. The Government will act
very tough and perpetrators will have to face serious
consequences," the Chief Minister asserted.
He said the DGP and Hyderabad Police Commissioner have
been directed to take every measure to prevent further
violence in the light of the clashes between two communities
in Madannapet and surrounding areas here yesterday.
Appealing to the people to maintain communal harmony,
Kiran said "We all should join hands and safeguard communal
harmony and peaceful atmosphere."
He said the DGP has been directed to monitor the
situation in communally-sensitive areas in the state with
Superintendents of Police of all districts.
The CM said closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras
would be installed across twin cities of Hyderabad and
Secunderabad to prevent communal violence.
"We require about 5,000 CCTV cameras for this
purpose...we are examining how quickly we can get them
installed," Kiran added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested