AP HC disposes petition over Polavaram project
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Monday disposed off a writ petition questioning the awarding of
contract for the construction of Polavaram Project to SEW-
Patel AMR-JV saying the petitioner can approach the High-
Powered Committee appointed by the state to air its grievance.
The court felt that the issue as regards the suitability
of SEW Patel AMR-JV to undertake the work has not been finally
decided and the petitioner has got every opportunity to raise
their objections before the High Power Committee (HPC)
constituted by the state government on the issue.
M/s CGGC-Soma-JV had filed the petition questioning the
award of contract for construction of Polavaram project in
West Godavari district.
Earlier, the State Advocate General informed the court
that the state government had constituted a HPC under the
Chairmanship of Chief Secretary to look into the issue. The
petitioner rushed to this court without availing itself of the
avenue available by way of representing before the HPC.
The court also felt that the petitioner should be asked
to represent the matter before the HPC and raise its
objections about the suitability of SEW Patel Company.
Similarly SEW Patel Company also can represent and clarify the
doubts raised about them as regards to their suitability.
The court disposed of the petition to enable the parties
to approach the HPC. The court also left it open to the
parties to approach the court again if they had any
grievance against the decision of the HPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon