AP HC refuses to stay Panchayati Raj election
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court
on Tuesday refused to interfere with the proposed election process
for the Panchayati Raj institutions.
The Andhra Pradesh Sarpanch Sangam had approached the
High Court complaining that the reservation proposed by the
state government for SC/ST and BC categories exceeded 50 per
cent which is contrary to the Supreme Court judgement.
The petitioners contended that the State Election
Commission was proceeding on issuing election notification
on the advise of the state government.
However, Justice G Rohini, while dismissing the
application, observed that the election process cannot be
interfered or stayed as the material supplied by the
petitioners is not sufficient to hold whether the reservation
exceeded 50 per cent or not.
It requires full data and close scrutiny of the case
put up by the petitioners at the final hearing, the judge
As a consequence of the decision, the decks for the
election commission to go ahead with the process stand
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly