AP HC suspends judge dealing with CBI cases
Hyderabad: A Special CBI court judge T Pattabhiramaa Rao, who gave bail to high-profile accused and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, has been suspended by the Andhra Pradesh High Court amidst charges of bribery and corruption.
First Additional Special Judge for CBI cases Pattabhirama Rao has been placed under suspension after the High Court considered the information it received against the judge in "public interest", the High Court Registrar said in a release.
Incidentally, the judge had granted bail to former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy in the OMC illegal mining case last month while he had rejected bail to IAS officer Y Srilakshmi, another accused in the OMC scam.
However, following an appeal by the CBI, the High Court had kept under suspension till June 5 the orders on granting bail to Reddy.
Registrar General (Vigilance), who issued the order in this regard on Thursday night, said after considering the information received against the judge, the High Court decided that it was necessary to place him under suspension in public interest, with immediate effect.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and Congress leaders including Chiranjeevi, MP, expressed shock at reports of attempts to influence judiciary and demanded appropriate action to prevent recurrence of such incidents.
The order said Rao shall continue to be under suspension till the conclusion of the disciplinary proceedings proposed to be initiated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read