AP HC suspends order on bail to Janardhan Reddy
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Wednesday suspended till June 5 a CBI court`s order granting conditional bail to mining baron and former Karnataka minister G Janardhan Reddy, an accused in the illegal mining case involving his Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC).
The CBI court here on May 11 had granted conditional bail to Reddy though he is currently lodged in Bangalore central prison in connection with another mining case allegedly involving Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMS) owned by him and his wife Aruna Lakshmi.
Opposing the bail, the CBI in its arguments before the high court today apprehended that Reddy may influence and threaten the witnesses and tamper with the evidences.
After hearing the arguments, the high court suspended the bail orders till June 5 and called for counter from Reddy and posted the matter for further hearing till the same date.
Reddy and his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy, managing director of the mining company, were arrested on September 5 from Bellary and brought to Hyderabad.
The CBI had filed a charge sheet against Reddy and others on December 3 in OMC case and took him to Bangalore in connection with another illegal mining case in Karnataka.
OMC is accused of changing mining lease boundary markings between Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka and indulging in illegal mining in the Bellary Reserve Forest areas, spread between Bellary district of Karnataka and Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31