AP hooch tragedy toll reaches 19
Vijayawada: Death toll in the illicit liquor
tragedy in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh has reached 19,
official sources said on Tuesday.
Two more persons succumbed while undergoing treatment
since yesterday taking the death toll in the incident at
Porata Nagar tribal hamlet to 19, while several others are
still undergoing treatment at various hospitals in Vijayawada
and Mylavaram, they said.
The residents of the tribal hamlet had consumed the
deadly concoction on December 31.
YSR Congress Party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy today
visited Kanimerla village here and condoled families of the
deceased. He also met victims of the tragedy at hospitals in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband