AP hooch tragedy toll reaches 19
Vijayawada: Death toll in the illicit liquor
tragedy in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh has reached 19,
official sources said on Tuesday.
Two more persons succumbed while undergoing treatment
since yesterday taking the death toll in the incident at
Porata Nagar tribal hamlet to 19, while several others are
still undergoing treatment at various hospitals in Vijayawada
and Mylavaram, they said.
The residents of the tribal hamlet had consumed the
deadly concoction on December 31.
YSR Congress Party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy today
visited Kanimerla village here and condoled families of the
deceased. He also met victims of the tragedy at hospitals in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram