AP hospital nurses climb on water tank to demand job security
Hyderabad: Nurses at the M G M Government Hospital in Warangal on contract basis called off their stir for regularisation of their services following an assurance from the Andhra Pradesh Government that it will consider their demands.
According to an official release here, Medical Education
Minister P Sudharsan Reddy assured to do justice to the
nurses, who expressed their protest by climbing on a water
tank at the premises of the hospital.
The nurses, seeking job security and regularisation of
services, refused to come down from the water tank despite
requests from the authorities. Opposition parties TDP, BJP and
TRS have extended support to the nurses.
State BJP President and MLA G Kishan Reddy led a team
of nurses to the Medical Education Minister, who assured them
that the Government would positively consider their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender