AP hospital nurses climb on water tank to demand job security
Hyderabad: Nurses at the M G M Government Hospital in Warangal on contract basis called off their stir for regularisation of their services following an assurance from the Andhra Pradesh Government that it will consider their demands.
According to an official release here, Medical Education
Minister P Sudharsan Reddy assured to do justice to the
nurses, who expressed their protest by climbing on a water
tank at the premises of the hospital.
The nurses, seeking job security and regularisation of
services, refused to come down from the water tank despite
requests from the authorities. Opposition parties TDP, BJP and
TRS have extended support to the nurses.
State BJP President and MLA G Kishan Reddy led a team
of nurses to the Medical Education Minister, who assured them
that the Government would positively consider their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list