AP House adjourned for day after Oppn stalls proceedings
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam and Telangana Rashtra Samiti legislators, raising different issues, did not allow the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly to function smoothly on Saturday forcing Speaker Nadendla Manohar to adjourn the House till Monday.
TRS members stormed the Speaker`s podium demanding formation of Telangana state while TDP MLAs demanded a discussion on the controversial Babli irrigation project issue.
The House was adjourned for an hour for the first time and later for half an hour but order was not restored when it re-assembled.
Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy told the House that Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy would soon convene an all-party meeting to discuss the Babli project issue in the wake of the recent Supreme Court judgment allowing Maharashtra to complete construction of the dam.
This did not satisfy the TDP members who wanted an immediate discussion.
On the other hand, the TRS legislators held placards and raised slogans in support of their demand for creation of Telangana state. Amid the din, the Speaker adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report