AP House adjourned for day amid din over Telangana, price hike
Hyderabad: Pandemonium on Thursday struck the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly for the third consecutive day as all Opposition parties stalled proceedings on different issues resulting in the House being adjourned for the day.
Three adjournments for an hour each did not bring order in the House as the opposition legislators stormed the Speaker`s podium, holding placards and raising slogans in support of their respective demands.
The main opposition Telugu Desam Party, along with CPI and CPM, demanded that the Central immediately slash the price of diesel and lift the ceiling on subsidized LPG. The YSR Congress and the BJP members too joined the protest on the same issue.
The Telangana Rashtra Samiti, on the other hand, wanted the House to adopt a resolution seeking creation of a separate Telangana state.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar first adjourned the House till 10 am within three minutes after it sat for the day’s business. Noisy scenes continued when the House reassembled at 10.05 am as the opposition MLAs stayed put in the Well of the House.
Amidst this, the Speaker asked Deputy Chief Minister, holding charge of Higher Education portfolio, to move a Bill to amend the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological Universities Act and another Bill to further amend the Andhra Pradesh Education Act. The two Bills seek to replace the Ordinances issued last month.
Legislative Affairs Minister D Sridhar Babu, on behalf of the Municipal Administration Minister, moved a Bill to further amend the Andhra Pradesh Municipal Corporations Act, seeking to create a common service for employees in municipal corporations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state