AP House pays homage to departed leader Ambati Brahmanaiah
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Monday paid rich tributes to its sitting member Ambati Brahmanaiah, who passed away in April this year.
The budget session of the Assembly resumed today after a recess for about three months. Soon after the session began for the day, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy moved a condolence motion placing on record the deep sense of sorrow over the demise of Brahmanaiah.
Recalling Brahmanaiah`s services as TDP`s Krishna District President, MLA and MP, opposition leader and TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu said the departed leader was a personification of honesty and a champion of farmers` problems.
He urged the Government to install a statue of Brahmanaiah in his Assembly constituency of Avanigadda in Krishna district and name a public service project after him.
Excise minister K Parthasarathy, who hails from Krishna district, said the chief minister has agreed for installation of Brahmanaiah`s statue at Avanigadda.
Several other members, including State Congress President B Satayanarayana, YSRCP leader Y S Vijayamma, paid tributes to the departed soul.
Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4