AP House pays homage to departed leader Ambati Brahmanaiah
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Monday paid rich tributes to its sitting member Ambati Brahmanaiah, who passed away in April this year.
The budget session of the Assembly resumed today after a recess for about three months. Soon after the session began for the day, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy moved a condolence motion placing on record the deep sense of sorrow over the demise of Brahmanaiah.
Recalling Brahmanaiah`s services as TDP`s Krishna District President, MLA and MP, opposition leader and TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu said the departed leader was a personification of honesty and a champion of farmers` problems.
He urged the Government to install a statue of Brahmanaiah in his Assembly constituency of Avanigadda in Krishna district and name a public service project after him.
Excise minister K Parthasarathy, who hails from Krishna district, said the chief minister has agreed for installation of Brahmanaiah`s statue at Avanigadda.
Several other members, including State Congress President B Satayanarayana, YSRCP leader Y S Vijayamma, paid tributes to the departed soul.
Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption