AP House pays homage to departed leader Ambati Brahmanaiah
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Monday paid rich tributes to its sitting member Ambati Brahmanaiah, who passed away in April this year.
The budget session of the Assembly resumed today after a recess for about three months. Soon after the session began for the day, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy moved a condolence motion placing on record the deep sense of sorrow over the demise of Brahmanaiah.
Recalling Brahmanaiah`s services as TDP`s Krishna District President, MLA and MP, opposition leader and TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu said the departed leader was a personification of honesty and a champion of farmers` problems.
He urged the Government to install a statue of Brahmanaiah in his Assembly constituency of Avanigadda in Krishna district and name a public service project after him.
Excise minister K Parthasarathy, who hails from Krishna district, said the chief minister has agreed for installation of Brahmanaiah`s statue at Avanigadda.
Several other members, including State Congress President B Satayanarayana, YSRCP leader Y S Vijayamma, paid tributes to the departed soul.
Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days