AP House pays homage to departed leader Ambati Brahmanaiah
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Monday paid rich tributes to its sitting member Ambati Brahmanaiah, who passed away in April this year.
The budget session of the Assembly resumed today after a recess for about three months. Soon after the session began for the day, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy moved a condolence motion placing on record the deep sense of sorrow over the demise of Brahmanaiah.
Recalling Brahmanaiah`s services as TDP`s Krishna District President, MLA and MP, opposition leader and TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu said the departed leader was a personification of honesty and a champion of farmers` problems.
He urged the Government to install a statue of Brahmanaiah in his Assembly constituency of Avanigadda in Krishna district and name a public service project after him.
Excise minister K Parthasarathy, who hails from Krishna district, said the chief minister has agreed for installation of Brahmanaiah`s statue at Avanigadda.
Several other members, including State Congress President B Satayanarayana, YSRCP leader Y S Vijayamma, paid tributes to the departed soul.
Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'