AP House pays homage to departed leader Ambati Brahmanaiah
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Monday paid rich tributes to its sitting member Ambati Brahmanaiah, who passed away in April this year.
The budget session of the Assembly resumed today after a recess for about three months. Soon after the session began for the day, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy moved a condolence motion placing on record the deep sense of sorrow over the demise of Brahmanaiah.
Recalling Brahmanaiah`s services as TDP`s Krishna District President, MLA and MP, opposition leader and TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu said the departed leader was a personification of honesty and a champion of farmers` problems.
He urged the Government to install a statue of Brahmanaiah in his Assembly constituency of Avanigadda in Krishna district and name a public service project after him.
Excise minister K Parthasarathy, who hails from Krishna district, said the chief minister has agreed for installation of Brahmanaiah`s statue at Avanigadda.
Several other members, including State Congress President B Satayanarayana, YSRCP leader Y S Vijayamma, paid tributes to the departed soul.
Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today