AP: I-T officer booked for unaccounted assets
Hyderabad: An IRS officer posted in
posted in Andhra Pradesh`s Guntur district has been booked for
allegedly possessing unaccounted assets worth over Rs four
crore, CBI officials said on Monday.
A disproportionate assets case has been registered
against M Anil Kumar, Additional Commissioner of Income-Tax,
by CBI`s Visakhapatnam branch.
Acting on a tip-off that the officer had amassed
illegal assets during the period of 2000-2007, the CBI sleuths
conducted searches at different places, including residences
of Kumar at Guntur and Vijayawada.
The searches carried out in the last couple of days
revealed that Kumar had acquired wealth beyond his known
sources of income in his name and names of his family members,
a CBI official claimed.
The CBI seized several incriminating documents
pertaining to movable and immovable properties during the
searches. The assets included gold jewellery and silver items
weighing about 6.6 kg and 49 kg, respectively, he said.
Kumar worked as a Joint Commissioner of Income Tax
in Hyderabad before being promoted as Additional Commissioner
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city