AP: IAS officer Srilakshmi suspended
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
today suspended Y Srilakshmi, a 1988-batch Indian
Administrative Service officer, following her arrest on Monday
in the illegal mining case.
State Chief Secretary Pankaj Dwivedi issued the
suspension order on receiving a report from the Central Bureau
of Investigation (CBI) about Srilakshmi`s arrest, officials
The order came after Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy
cleared the relevant file last evening, officials in the
General Administration Department said.
Srilakshmi held the post of Commissioner, Family Welfare
at the time of the arrest.
She was Secretary, Industries, when she issued the
controversial orders granting ore mining leases to Obulapuram
Mining Company, owned by former Karnataka Minister Gali
Janardhana Reddy (a co-accused in the present case) in
The orders allegedly favoured OMC over the rival bidders,
CBI says. Currently she is in CBI`s custody.
Her husband, M Gopi Krishna, is an Indian Police Service
officer of 1987 batch, currently serving as Inspector General
of Police in the state Crime Investigation Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post