AP: IAS officer Srilakshmi suspended
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
today suspended Y Srilakshmi, a 1988-batch Indian
Administrative Service officer, following her arrest on Monday
in the illegal mining case.
State Chief Secretary Pankaj Dwivedi issued the
suspension order on receiving a report from the Central Bureau
of Investigation (CBI) about Srilakshmi`s arrest, officials
The order came after Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy
cleared the relevant file last evening, officials in the
General Administration Department said.
Srilakshmi held the post of Commissioner, Family Welfare
at the time of the arrest.
She was Secretary, Industries, when she issued the
controversial orders granting ore mining leases to Obulapuram
Mining Company, owned by former Karnataka Minister Gali
Janardhana Reddy (a co-accused in the present case) in
The orders allegedly favoured OMC over the rival bidders,
CBI says. Currently she is in CBI`s custody.
Her husband, M Gopi Krishna, is an Indian Police Service
officer of 1987 batch, currently serving as Inspector General
of Police in the state Crime Investigation Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead