AP: IAS officer Srilakshmi suspended
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
today suspended Y Srilakshmi, a 1988-batch Indian
Administrative Service officer, following her arrest on Monday
in the illegal mining case.
State Chief Secretary Pankaj Dwivedi issued the
suspension order on receiving a report from the Central Bureau
of Investigation (CBI) about Srilakshmi`s arrest, officials
The order came after Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy
cleared the relevant file last evening, officials in the
General Administration Department said.
Srilakshmi held the post of Commissioner, Family Welfare
at the time of the arrest.
She was Secretary, Industries, when she issued the
controversial orders granting ore mining leases to Obulapuram
Mining Company, owned by former Karnataka Minister Gali
Janardhana Reddy (a co-accused in the present case) in
The orders allegedly favoured OMC over the rival bidders,
CBI says. Currently she is in CBI`s custody.
Her husband, M Gopi Krishna, is an Indian Police Service
officer of 1987 batch, currently serving as Inspector General
of Police in the state Crime Investigation Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister