AP: IAS officer Srilakshmi suspended
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
today suspended Y Srilakshmi, a 1988-batch Indian
Administrative Service officer, following her arrest on Monday
in the illegal mining case.
State Chief Secretary Pankaj Dwivedi issued the
suspension order on receiving a report from the Central Bureau
of Investigation (CBI) about Srilakshmi`s arrest, officials
The order came after Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy
cleared the relevant file last evening, officials in the
General Administration Department said.
Srilakshmi held the post of Commissioner, Family Welfare
at the time of the arrest.
She was Secretary, Industries, when she issued the
controversial orders granting ore mining leases to Obulapuram
Mining Company, owned by former Karnataka Minister Gali
Janardhana Reddy (a co-accused in the present case) in
The orders allegedly favoured OMC over the rival bidders,
CBI says. Currently she is in CBI`s custody.
Her husband, M Gopi Krishna, is an Indian Police Service
officer of 1987 batch, currently serving as Inspector General
of Police in the state Crime Investigation Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen