AP: Jagan-loyalist MLAs to support no-trust motion
Hyderabad: The MLAs who are loyal to Kadapa
MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy would support the no-confidence
motion against the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh if it
moved "with sincerity" by main opposition Telugu Desam, the
YSR Congress said here Thursday night.
Of the 28 MLAs who had resigned in August to protest the
reported inclusion of late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy`s name in the
FIR in a case involving Jagan, 22 attended the marathon
meeting today, said Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, a Congress Lok
Sabha member who is with YSR Congress. Jagan himself was not
present as he was on his odarupu yatra in Guntur district.
The meeting assumed significance, after Telugu Desam said
it would move a no-confidence motion against the Congress
government in the winter session of Assembly.
Rajamohan Reddy said six MLAs could not attend the
meeting, due to various reasons. Most of the MLAs originally
belonged to Congress.
However, two Congress MLAs, Jayasudha and N Sesha Reddy,
who were with Jagan, have since decided to stay with the
parent party, Congress.
Asked to elaborate on the remark that TDP should be
`sincere`, Reddy said the main opposition party should ensure
that all its MLAs attend the session and voted in favour of
the no-confidence motion.
When asked that Jagan-loyalist MLAs may not be sincere in
their opposition to the government as many of them have been
participating in official programmes, he said he cannot talk
about qualities of individuals.
Significantly, Reddy added that "the MLAs have left it to
the Speaker to take a decision" on the resignations submitted
by them earlier.
When told that several Jagan-loyalist Congress MLAs had
indicated the intention to continue in Congress till 2014
assembly elections, he said they had no option, if the
resignations were not accepted by the Speaker.
Saying that YSR Congress did not have the strength to
topple the government, he said the onus to do so was on TDP.
The Speaker had recently accepted the resignations of
Nagam Janardhan Reddy, a rebel TDP MLA who resigned in support
of separate Telangana demand, and N Prasanna Kumar Reddy, also
a TDP rebel, who switched loyalty to Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan
The resignations of about 80 others, who quit in
support of the separate Telangana demand and to join Jagan
Reddy, are pending with the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical