AP: Junior doctors` hunger strike enters 7th day
Hyderabad: The indefinite fast of the
representatives of junior doctors, who are agitating for hike
in the stipend among other things, entered the seventh day on Tuesday.
The condition of two of them was serious, said Phani
Kumar, a representative of the striking doctors. Four others
have already been admitted to ICU.
No invitation had yet come from the government for talks,
Criticising the government for its insensitive attitude
he said the agitating doctors were now "going to the people".
They distributed pamphlets highlighting their cause in
Hyderabad today, he said.
However, stating that government had already accepted
several of the demands of the junior doctors, state health
minister D L Ravindra Reddy said they were being adamant.
The talks held so far have failed to achieve a
Meanwhile, TRS president, K Chandrasekhar Rao, expressed
solidarity with the protesting doctors today saying that
while the ministers drew hefty salaries, the government was
insensitive to the genuine demands of the agitators.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu too has supported them.
Junior doctors have given a call for a chalo-Hyderabad
(march on Hyderabad) tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him