AP lawyers demand strict action against gang-rape accused
Rajahmunry (AP): Condemning the Delhi gang-rape incident, the Bar Council of Andhra Pradesh and Rajahmundry Bar Association have demanded strict action against the accused in the case.
About one thousand members of the Rajahmundry Bar Association, Saturday gathered here to pay homage to the 23-year-old victim of the gang-rape case, who died in Singapore while undergoing treatment.
President of the Bar Council of Andhra Pradesh, Muppala Subba Rao, while condemning the incident, said the Union Government should initiate strict action against the culprits involved in rape cases.
"There is no protection to women in the country, including in the national capital. Therefore, the government should take immediate action and the punishment given to the accused in this case should be so stringent that people dare not commit such crimes in future," Rao said.
The cases involving women victims should be disposed of immediately.
Another member of the association said, "The punishment given to these accused should be a lesson to others involved in such type of crimes," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued