AP lawyers demand strict action against gang-rape accused
Rajahmunry (AP): Condemning the Delhi gang-rape incident, the Bar Council of Andhra Pradesh and Rajahmundry Bar Association have demanded strict action against the accused in the case.
About one thousand members of the Rajahmundry Bar Association, Saturday gathered here to pay homage to the 23-year-old victim of the gang-rape case, who died in Singapore while undergoing treatment.
President of the Bar Council of Andhra Pradesh, Muppala Subba Rao, while condemning the incident, said the Union Government should initiate strict action against the culprits involved in rape cases.
"There is no protection to women in the country, including in the national capital. Therefore, the government should take immediate action and the punishment given to the accused in this case should be so stringent that people dare not commit such crimes in future," Rao said.
The cases involving women victims should be disposed of immediately.
Another member of the association said, "The punishment given to these accused should be a lesson to others involved in such type of crimes," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption