AP leaders pay tribute to YSR on birth anniversary
Hyderabad: Hailing the leadership of late Y S
Rajasekhara Reddy, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah
today said the real tribute to him would be following his
"Rajasekhara Reddy used to say that his aim is to
contribute to making Rahul Gandhi Prime Minister in 2014. He
is not there now. But we should work hard to realise that," he
said, speaking at a function organised by the state government
on the occasion of Reddy`s birth anniversary here.
Rosaiah called for strengthening the party under the
leadership of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister
He said he has seen a number of Chief Ministers in his
long political career but Reddy was most charming of all.
Reddy had endeared himself to all sections of his society
with his charming smile and friendly behaviour, he said.
Praja Rajyam president Chiranjeevi said he always found
Reddy smiling though he faced a number of challenges.
Disclosing that some people had advised him against
attending the function, he wondered what is wrong in paying
tributes to a leader who belonged a rival party.
Chiranjeevi also found fault with some MLAs (TDP)
"politicising" the government installing a portrait of Reddy
in the Assembly building.
"We may differ on various public issues. But our goal is
to serve people. We can come together when it comes to doing
something good. It is unfortunate that some MLAs took
exception to installation of YSR`s portrait. Why should it be
politicised- We should rise above politics on such occasions,"
Assembly Speaker N Kiran Kumar Reddy said YSR could
always take a clear decision and remain cheerful even in the
face of complex problems.
State Congress president D Srinivas said the state
government should organise YSR`s birth anniversary every year.
Majlis Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) president and Hyderabad
MP Asaduddin Owaisi said YSR implemented various welfare
schemes like scholarships, reservations for the minority
community and Rs 2,000 crore package for old city Muslims.
State Legislative Council Chairman A Chakrapani and
former Karnataka Governor V S Ramadevi also spoke on the
Meanwhile, Reddy`s birth anniversary was celebrated by
the Andhra Pradesh government across the state with ministers
participating in them.
Reddy`s wife Vijayalakshmi and other family members paid
tributes to him at the site where he was buried inside the
family estate at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar