AP leaders pay tribute to YSR on birth anniversary
Hyderabad: Hailing the leadership of late Y S
Rajasekhara Reddy, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah
today said the real tribute to him would be following his
"Rajasekhara Reddy used to say that his aim is to
contribute to making Rahul Gandhi Prime Minister in 2014. He
is not there now. But we should work hard to realise that," he
said, speaking at a function organised by the state government
on the occasion of Reddy`s birth anniversary here.
Rosaiah called for strengthening the party under the
leadership of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister
He said he has seen a number of Chief Ministers in his
long political career but Reddy was most charming of all.
Reddy had endeared himself to all sections of his society
with his charming smile and friendly behaviour, he said.
Praja Rajyam president Chiranjeevi said he always found
Reddy smiling though he faced a number of challenges.
Disclosing that some people had advised him against
attending the function, he wondered what is wrong in paying
tributes to a leader who belonged a rival party.
Chiranjeevi also found fault with some MLAs (TDP)
"politicising" the government installing a portrait of Reddy
in the Assembly building.
"We may differ on various public issues. But our goal is
to serve people. We can come together when it comes to doing
something good. It is unfortunate that some MLAs took
exception to installation of YSR`s portrait. Why should it be
politicised- We should rise above politics on such occasions,"
Assembly Speaker N Kiran Kumar Reddy said YSR could
always take a clear decision and remain cheerful even in the
face of complex problems.
State Congress president D Srinivas said the state
government should organise YSR`s birth anniversary every year.
Majlis Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) president and Hyderabad
MP Asaduddin Owaisi said YSR implemented various welfare
schemes like scholarships, reservations for the minority
community and Rs 2,000 crore package for old city Muslims.
State Legislative Council Chairman A Chakrapani and
former Karnataka Governor V S Ramadevi also spoke on the
Meanwhile, Reddy`s birth anniversary was celebrated by
the Andhra Pradesh government across the state with ministers
participating in them.
Reddy`s wife Vijayalakshmi and other family members paid
tributes to him at the site where he was buried inside the
family estate at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter