AP legislature`s Budget session to resume tomorrow
Hyderabad: Power crisis, farmers` problems, corruption and Telangana statehood would be among the issues the opposition parties would raise during the Budget session of Andhra Pradesh legislature which resumes on Monday.
The session is expected to last eight days. Main opposition Telugu Desam Party said it would highlight the "tainted" ministers issue, problems in agriculture, power crisis and corruption among other things.
Senior TDP MLA, D Narendra, said his party would continue to press for the removal of the "tainted" ministers.
Two ministers, who have been made accused in the cases involving YSRCP leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, have already quit, but several others face allegations of corruption and impropriety. The Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) said it would raise the hike in power tariff, the demand for Polavaram and Pranahita-Chevella irrigation projects, among other issues.
TRS floor leader in the assembly E Rajender said his party would continue to press for a resolution on formation of separate state.
He demanded that government give permission for the `Chalo Assembly` protest, proposed on May 14, by the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!