AP legislature`s Budget session to resume tomorrow
Hyderabad: Power crisis, farmers` problems, corruption and Telangana statehood would be among the issues the opposition parties would raise during the Budget session of Andhra Pradesh legislature which resumes on Monday.
The session is expected to last eight days. Main opposition Telugu Desam Party said it would highlight the "tainted" ministers issue, problems in agriculture, power crisis and corruption among other things.
Senior TDP MLA, D Narendra, said his party would continue to press for the removal of the "tainted" ministers.
Two ministers, who have been made accused in the cases involving YSRCP leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, have already quit, but several others face allegations of corruption and impropriety. The Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) said it would raise the hike in power tariff, the demand for Polavaram and Pranahita-Chevella irrigation projects, among other issues.
TRS floor leader in the assembly E Rajender said his party would continue to press for a resolution on formation of separate state.
He demanded that government give permission for the `Chalo Assembly` protest, proposed on May 14, by the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state