AP Lokayukta orders probe into allegations against MLA
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Lokayukta Justice B Subhashan Reddy on Wednesday directed the Cyberabad Police here to investigate allegations by a managing committee member of a housing society, who was allegedly attacked after she complained against the local MLA.
T Indrani, member of BHEL MIG Employees Co-operative Housing Colony in Serilingampally Mandal in Ranga Reddy district, had earlier approached the Lokayukta alleging that Serilingampally MLA Bikshapathi Yadav was using his MLA funds to grab the land of the colony.
The playground belonging to the society had been encroached upon by one Mohan Gaud, she also alleged.
The Lokayukta registered the complaint and directed the government authorities to submit their reports by February 14, an official release said.
Indrani filed another application before the Lokayukta today accusing Gaud and some others of attacking her house at the colony yesterday, abusing her, and attempting to assault her and her daughter.
Justice Reddy said in his order that the incident was a sequel to the complaint against Bikshapathi Yadav and "in the circumstances, the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Madhapur Zone) is directed to take action on the complaint, investigate and take action against the persons responsible."
The DCP was also asked to provide security to the complainant and her family.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India