AP Lokayukta orders probe into allegations against MLA
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Lokayukta Justice B Subhashan Reddy on Wednesday directed the Cyberabad Police here to investigate allegations by a managing committee member of a housing society, who was allegedly attacked after she complained against the local MLA.
T Indrani, member of BHEL MIG Employees Co-operative Housing Colony in Serilingampally Mandal in Ranga Reddy district, had earlier approached the Lokayukta alleging that Serilingampally MLA Bikshapathi Yadav was using his MLA funds to grab the land of the colony.
The playground belonging to the society had been encroached upon by one Mohan Gaud, she also alleged.
The Lokayukta registered the complaint and directed the government authorities to submit their reports by February 14, an official release said.
Indrani filed another application before the Lokayukta today accusing Gaud and some others of attacking her house at the colony yesterday, abusing her, and attempting to assault her and her daughter.
Justice Reddy said in his order that the incident was a sequel to the complaint against Bikshapathi Yadav and "in the circumstances, the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Madhapur Zone) is directed to take action on the complaint, investigate and take action against the persons responsible."
The DCP was also asked to provide security to the complainant and her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi