AP man who kidnapped, killed three girls, ends self
Hyderabad: A man, who allegedly murdered three minor girls of his family after abducting them in Nizamabad district of Andhra Pradesh has committed suicide, police said Friday.
Body of Narender Reddy, aged around 35, was found in Godavari river near a bridge at Basar this morning, they said.
Narender, the uncle of three girls Siri (9), Akshaya (7) and Khushi (5), who he allegedly kidnapped in Nizamabad town on Wednesday night in a car and later set ablaze by him. The partially burnt bodies of the girls, all cousins, were found yesterday.
Police who launched a hunt for Narender, based on his cell phone call data records found that he had gone towards Basar and found the car abandoned near a bridge, Nizamabad district Superintendent of Police Tarun Joshi told reporters.
"As the car besides his watch and shoes were found on the bridge it was suspected that he might have committed suicide by jumping into the river. A search was launched with the help of swimmers and his body was traced today," the SP said.
Narender had called some of his relatives and even the grandfather of the girls, Raghupathi Reddy on Wednesday night reportedly stating that he was resorting to the extreme step (committing suicide) as "he was frustrated over not getting married", the senior police officer said.
The accused was brought up by Reddy since his childhood following his father`s death. After the girls went missing, none of family members ever suspected that Narender abducted the girls, the SP said.
"After preliminary probe it has been found that Narender was not facing any financial problem. We are verifying involvement of any other person in this case. It seems Narender, who ran a medical shop also had some issues with his business partner," the officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read