AP Minister hurt after divestment of depts
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Health Minister D L
Ravindra Reddy on Wednesday expressed anger and unhappiness over the
manner in which he was divested of some health-related
departments in the recent portfolio reshuffle carried out by
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
"I am not unhappy over the portfolio. I have no intention
to quit my post due to so-called dissatisfaction over the
portfolio. But, the way in which I am divested of the
portfolios, it hurts me," Reddy told reporters here.
Taking exception to a media release from the Chief
Minister`s Office which stated that the changes were made for
administrative convenience, Reddy wondered why all the health-
related departments were clubbed earlier and divided now.
"What administrative convenience prompted the merger of
the (health-related) departments earlier? What administrative
convenience prompted them to be divided now? This question has
no answer," he said.
The state Cabinet was expanded for the induction of three
MLAs on Monday last, after which the portfolios of some
ministers were changed.
Though Ravindra Reddy expressed his desire to quit in
protest against the developments, he refrained from doing so
after speaking to senior Congress leaders like Ghulam Nabi
Azad, in-charge of party affairs in the state, sources said.
He had a meeting with state Congress president Botsa
Satyanarayana who asked him to work in the interests of party.
"I told all Congress elders that I will be loyal to the
party and that I will not tolerate those who attack the
party," he said.
In an apparent attack on the Chief Minister, Ravindra
Reddy asked why "those in superior positions" kept silent when
Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy attacked Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark