AP Minister refutes BJP allegation of law and orde
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government Monday refuted BJP’s allegation of complete breakdown in law and order, saying it was normal and the government was taking all possible measures to maintain it.
“The government is duty-bound and committed to maintain peace, security and safety of its citizens of all classes by maintaining law and order and we will do it without fear or favour,” Parliamentary Secretary (Home) Gada Ete said in a statement.
BJP`s comments were triggered by reports of closing down of markets due to alleged extortion from the business community, particularly in the Capital Complex, which were, however, not officially reported to the district administration or the police.
Ete said a Flag-March with the police and magistrates was conducted on November 22 to instill confidence in the business community.
However, the situation in the state capital is completely normal at the moment.
The district administration, the police and Home department are still very much vigilant and monitoring the situation round the clock, he said.
The minister said the government was also concerned over possessions of arms by AAPSU delegates at a conference to elect office bearers of the All-Arunachal Pradesh Students` Union at Ziro recently.
The elections have since been postponed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read