AP ministers abstain from duties, CM undaunted
Hyderabad: At least half of his Council of Ministers may have become dysfunctional but Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy looks undaunted.
He is as busy these days writing letters to different Union Ministers, reminding them of the Centre`s long-pending proposals to launch various projects in the state and pleading
with them to expedite the projects.
According to information provided by the Chief Minister`s Press Secretary, Kiran Kumar had written letters to at least half a dozen Union Ministers from Pranab Mukherjee to Sushil
Kumar Shinde in the last few days on different issues like setting up of new campus of Indian Institute of Science, naphtha unit at Visakhapatnam, ONGC data processing centre,
HPCL`s refinery and the like.
Kiran Kumar is also conducting official review meetings with select department heads in the Secretariat while most of the ministers continue to play truant.
The state Cabinet has 38 members, including the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha.
As many as 12 ministers from Telangana region have been staying away from "official" duties ever since they submitted resignations from their membership of the state Assembly
demanding creation of a separate state.
Now, half a dozen ministers from Andhra-Rayalaseema regions have pitched their camp in New Delhi to prevail upon the Congress high command to maintain status quo and not split
They will remain in the national capital at least for the next 3-4 days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram