AP minister`s son detained at Hyderabad airport
Hyderabad: Four persons, including the son
of an Andhra Pradesh minister, were detained by DRI officials
at the city airport on Wednesday for allegedly carrying foreign
liquor, watches and electronic goods worth over Rs 35 lakh
without customs clearance.
According to DRI sources, the four, who were detained at
the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad, had
returned from Dubai.
"There will be a customs duty of 160 per cent on liquor
and 35 per cent on other goods. However the department has not
yet decided on whether to file cases against them," a source
A customs official said the detained persons will be
released once the tax levied on the goods is paid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29