AP officials pledge to shun gender bias
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary Minnie Mathew administered the pledge on `eliminating gender-biased sex selection and violence against women` to officers and employees of the General Administration department in the state secretariat here on Thursday.
"Recognising that the Constitution of India guarantees the rights and freedom of men and women equally without any barrier, bias or discrimination and the same are threatened by the illegal and damaging practice of gender-biased sex selection. We the public servants of India hereby take a solemn pledge that we shall act in all possible ways individually and collective to eliminate gender-biased sex selection that threatens birth and survival of the girl child," the pledge read.
"We shall ensure that the girls are born, loved and nurtured and grown up to become empowered citizens of our country," it mentioned.
Principal Secretary (Political) Ajay Misra, Principal Secretary (Finance) V Bhaskar, Principal Secretary (Transport) Lakshmi Parthasarathy and other senior bureaucrats and employees took the pledge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS