AP officials pledge to shun gender bias
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary Minnie Mathew administered the pledge on `eliminating gender-biased sex selection and violence against women` to officers and employees of the General Administration department in the state secretariat here on Thursday.
"Recognising that the Constitution of India guarantees the rights and freedom of men and women equally without any barrier, bias or discrimination and the same are threatened by the illegal and damaging practice of gender-biased sex selection. We the public servants of India hereby take a solemn pledge that we shall act in all possible ways individually and collective to eliminate gender-biased sex selection that threatens birth and survival of the girl child," the pledge read.
"We shall ensure that the girls are born, loved and nurtured and grown up to become empowered citizens of our country," it mentioned.
Principal Secretary (Political) Ajay Misra, Principal Secretary (Finance) V Bhaskar, Principal Secretary (Transport) Lakshmi Parthasarathy and other senior bureaucrats and employees took the pledge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees