AP: One person drowns in boat capsize
Koraput: One person drowned and
27 others were rescued after a boat capsized in Machhkund reservoir in Odisha`s Koraput district adjoining Andhra Pradesh, police said Monday.
The mishap took place when the country boat carrying
passengers from Pedabali in Andhra Pradesh were proceeding to
Sabaput in Nandpur police limit in Koraput district last
night, Superintendent of Police Avinash Kumar said.
The boat lost its balance midway before capsizing in
the sprawling reservoir at a place close to Sabaput, about 100
km from here, he said adding most of the passengers were from
The body of one person, who belonged to Andhra
Pradesh, was fished out by local residents and divers who
carried out a massive rescue operation after the capsize, the
SP said adding 27 other passengers were safe.
While some of the passengers swam ashore, the rest
were rescued by villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'