AP: One person drowns in boat capsize
Koraput: One person drowned and
27 others were rescued after a boat capsized in Machhkund reservoir in Odisha`s Koraput district adjoining Andhra Pradesh, police said Monday.
The mishap took place when the country boat carrying
passengers from Pedabali in Andhra Pradesh were proceeding to
Sabaput in Nandpur police limit in Koraput district last
night, Superintendent of Police Avinash Kumar said.
The boat lost its balance midway before capsizing in
the sprawling reservoir at a place close to Sabaput, about 100
km from here, he said adding most of the passengers were from
The body of one person, who belonged to Andhra
Pradesh, was fished out by local residents and divers who
carried out a massive rescue operation after the capsize, the
SP said adding 27 other passengers were safe.
While some of the passengers swam ashore, the rest
were rescued by villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested