AP: One person drowns in boat capsize
Koraput: One person drowned and
27 others were rescued after a boat capsized in Machhkund reservoir in Odisha`s Koraput district adjoining Andhra Pradesh, police said Monday.
The mishap took place when the country boat carrying
passengers from Pedabali in Andhra Pradesh were proceeding to
Sabaput in Nandpur police limit in Koraput district last
night, Superintendent of Police Avinash Kumar said.
The boat lost its balance midway before capsizing in
the sprawling reservoir at a place close to Sabaput, about 100
km from here, he said adding most of the passengers were from
The body of one person, who belonged to Andhra
Pradesh, was fished out by local residents and divers who
carried out a massive rescue operation after the capsize, the
SP said adding 27 other passengers were safe.
While some of the passengers swam ashore, the rest
were rescued by villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali