AP: Over 30 detained for trying to stop Jaipal Reddy`s convoy
Hyderabad: Over 30 persons were taken into
custody at two different places by police when they tried to
stop the convoy of Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural
Gas, S Jaipal Reddy, and State Home Minister Sabita Indra
Reddy who were on their way to Gangirala village in Rangareddy
district of Andhra Pradesh, on Sunday.
Sabita Indira Reddy hails from Rangareddy district.
Shouting slogans, a group of Telangana supporters tried
to stop the convoy at Gangirala, but police immediately
intervened and cleared the way.
The ministers, later, left for Yellakonda village to
inaugurate a bridge, where too they faced some protest.
"Over 25 persons were taken into custody at Gangirala and
about eight at Yellakonda village," Nawabpet police said.
"We brought the situation under control immediately and
bridge inauguration function went off well," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000