AP: Over 30 detained for trying to stop Jaipal Reddy`s convoy
Hyderabad: Over 30 persons were taken into
custody at two different places by police when they tried to
stop the convoy of Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural
Gas, S Jaipal Reddy, and State Home Minister Sabita Indra
Reddy who were on their way to Gangirala village in Rangareddy
district of Andhra Pradesh, on Sunday.
Sabita Indira Reddy hails from Rangareddy district.
Shouting slogans, a group of Telangana supporters tried
to stop the convoy at Gangirala, but police immediately
intervened and cleared the way.
The ministers, later, left for Yellakonda village to
inaugurate a bridge, where too they faced some protest.
"Over 25 persons were taken into custody at Gangirala and
about eight at Yellakonda village," Nawabpet police said.
"We brought the situation under control immediately and
bridge inauguration function went off well," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!