AP: Over 30 detained for trying to stop Jaipal Reddy`s convoy
Hyderabad: Over 30 persons were taken into
custody at two different places by police when they tried to
stop the convoy of Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural
Gas, S Jaipal Reddy, and State Home Minister Sabita Indra
Reddy who were on their way to Gangirala village in Rangareddy
district of Andhra Pradesh, on Sunday.
Sabita Indira Reddy hails from Rangareddy district.
Shouting slogans, a group of Telangana supporters tried
to stop the convoy at Gangirala, but police immediately
intervened and cleared the way.
The ministers, later, left for Yellakonda village to
inaugurate a bridge, where too they faced some protest.
"Over 25 persons were taken into custody at Gangirala and
about eight at Yellakonda village," Nawabpet police said.
"We brought the situation under control immediately and
bridge inauguration function went off well," they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!