AP: Pol parties trade charges after no-trust vote
Hyderabad: Hours after the no-confidence
motion, moved by the main Opposition TDP against the Kiran
Kumar Government in Andhra Pradesh, was defeated, political
parties traded charges against each other.
YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy on tuesday accused
the ruling Congress of trying to lure his loyalist MLAs to
vote against the motion.
Praja Rajyam Party Group leader K Chiranjeevi
indirectly accused Jagan of seeking to "influence" his MLAs to
vote against the Government, which won the motion in the
Assembly late last night by a margin of 38 votes.
"I am proud of my MLAs for not having succumbed to any
pressures," Chiranjeevi said this evening, even as he asserted
that he kept his word on not letting the Congress Government
fall under any circumstances.
Jagan hit out at some Ministers, saying they
"shamelessly" tried to win over MLAs loyal to him through
inducements and even intimidation. "They withstood pressure
and stood for the cause. I am proud of my MLAs," the Kadapa MP
told reporters here.
The TDP, on the other hand, alleged there was large-
scale horse-trading ahead of the voting on no-trust motion.
"The ruling party bought many MLAs by paying hefty
amounts to save the Government," TDP senior MLA Devineni
Umamaheswara Rao alleged.
Meanwhile, the Congress appeared in no hurry to crack
the whip against 16 of its MLAs who voted against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown