AP Police file case against Jethmalani over Lord Ram remarks
Hyderabad: Acting on a local court`s directive, the police on Monday registered a case against BJP MP Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Ram during a function in Delhi last year.
The court, hearing a petition filed by advocate Navin Kumar who claimed the former Union Law Minister`s remarks on Lord Ram had hurt religious feelings of a particular community, had asked the Neredmet police to investigate the matter and lodge an FIR.
Accordingly, a case was registered under IPC Section 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) against Jethmalani, police said.
Speaking at a book launch function in New Delhi on November 8, the noted criminal lawyer had described Lord Ram as a "bad husband".
The Jeedimetla police here had earlier filed a separate case against the 89-year-old lawyer-politician over the same remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday