AP Police file case against Jethmalani over Lord Ram remarks
Hyderabad: Acting on a local court`s directive, the police on Monday registered a case against BJP MP Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Ram during a function in Delhi last year.
The court, hearing a petition filed by advocate Navin Kumar who claimed the former Union Law Minister`s remarks on Lord Ram had hurt religious feelings of a particular community, had asked the Neredmet police to investigate the matter and lodge an FIR.
Accordingly, a case was registered under IPC Section 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) against Jethmalani, police said.
Speaking at a book launch function in New Delhi on November 8, the noted criminal lawyer had described Lord Ram as a "bad husband".
The Jeedimetla police here had earlier filed a separate case against the 89-year-old lawyer-politician over the same remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000