AP police issues advisory against travel in naxal-
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police have issued a general advisory to all elected representatives, mainly ministers, MPs and MLAs, asking them not to travel in Maoist-infested agency areas in the state.
The advisory will be applicable to senior bureaucrats and important government officials as well, highly-placed police sources said.
The advisory was issued following the recent kidnapping incidents in Odisha and Chhatisgarh.
"We have asked ministers, MPs, MLAs and other elected representatives not to travel in the Maoist-infested areas in view of the incidents in Odisha and Chhatisgarh. We have put them on high alert particularly after the killing of Sukma district Collector Alex Menon`s gunmen and his abduction by the outlaws," an Inspector General of Police told PTI here today.
Srikakulam, Vizianagaram and Visakhapatnam districts in north coastal Andhra fall in the Andhra-Odisha Border Zone of Maoists while Khammam district borders Chhatisgarh. Other districts like Warangal, Adilabad and Karimnagar too face Maoist threat.
If at all the public representatives in these districts would like to visit any place, they have been asked to inform the police well in advance so that extra armed security could be provided.
"Even those public representatives who are provided with one or two gunmen have been asked not to go to interior areas without additional security cover. The same has been told to the respective district Collectors and other senior government officials," the IGP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement