AP police seize huge dump of grenade spare parts from Maoists
Hyderabad: Close on the heels of encounter
of two top CPI-ML Maoists leaders, Shakamuri Apparao and
Kondala Reddy, Andhra Pradesh police today claimed to have
made the biggest-ever recovery of grenades spare parts in the
Based on documents seized from Kondala Reddy`s locations,
police conducted raids in a house in Paidiparru village near
Tanuku of West Godavari district and recovered large number of
grenade spare-parts, rocket launchers and other items, Andhra
Pradesh DGP R R Girish Kumar told reporters here today.
With the recovery of such a huge dump, a major disaster
has been averted to general public as well as armed forces and
political targets, the top cop said adding the spare parts can
be assembled into 3,000 grenades.
Kondal Reddy alias Tech Ramana was an expert in making
country-made firearms, IEDs and hand-grenades and was a close
associate of Tech Madhu besides being instrumental in
manufacture and transportation of weapons, the DGP explained.
"The material was brought at different times and dumped
in the house for the last two-three years. They (Maoists) had
plans to distribute the weapons to militia men on
Andhra-Orissa Border and nearly 1,000 grenades were assembled
and have already been distributed," Girish Kumar said.
Shakamuri Apparao and Kondal Reddy were killed in two
separate encounters with personnel of the special police
in Prakasam and Warangal districts on March 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley